Holy war: Android vs iOS

stenking
Уже с Приветом

Holy war: Android vs iOS

Post by stenking »

Продолжим холивар? Или будем жить дружно? :)

А тем временем экслер обозрел ещё один дурно пахнущий адроидный продукт :) На 200$ дешевле айпада. Если послушать наших друзей как раз столько и должен стоит хороший продукт без доплаты "за бренд". И что же получаем без этой доплаты?
Archos 101 - ОЧЕНЬ тормозной. Причем если в китайских угробищных планшетах тормоза также обуславливаются жуткими резистивными экранами, то здесь экран-то емкостной (хотя и не стеклянный), а вот процессор не выгребает даже рядом. Причем я порылся в настройках и поставил режим максимальной мощности Overdrive, но это никак не помогло.

Планшет сильно тормозит практически на всех приложениях, а когда я, как старый пользователь айпада, пробовал шустрить пальчиками по экрану, 101 впадал в конкретный ступор, а довольно часто и просто зависал насмерть до перезагрузки. Чтобы это случалось как можно реже, с ним нужно обращаться как с хрустальной вазой: ткнули пальчиком - покурили. Еще раз ткнули - снова покурили. Вот тогда он будет работать более или менее стабильно.

Скачал Angry Birds, попробовал запустить. Она сказала, что недостаточно оперативной памяти. Перезагрузил - тогда запустилась. Погонял - это просто слезы. Тормозит совершенно безбожно. Это не злые птицы, это летающие тормоза.
Бога нет.
useruser
Уже с Приветом

Re: Holy war: Android vs iOS

Post by useruser »

Мне кажется или Вы (Экслер?) переходите от частного к общему? :P

Если же рассуждать о платформах, не касаясь различий между каким-то конкретными устройствами, то тогда и обсуждать нечего: итак все общеизвестно.
olis
Уже с Приветом

Post by olis »

Если уж сравнивать отдельные девайсы ...

"From an iPhone user..., 8 May 2011
By
Macca - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16 GB Sim Free Smartphone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Coming from an iPhone background (iPhone 3G and iPhone 4) and I must admit I was hesitant to leave the iOS platform and ecosystem.

I got so fed up with my slow 3G and the general lack of improvement in the iOS platform over the last 6-12 months that I started contemplating switching to Android. In the past, when I've asked and Android user what they think of their phone the reply has been 'you get used to it'. Not very encouraging! However, after a bit of research I discovered that Android has changed a LOT in the last 12-18 months, and the awkward Android product I played with a year ago is no more.

ANDROID 2.3.3:
Brilliant. The software is surprisingly intuitive and does absolutely everything I need straight out of the box. Widgets on the home screen(s) are really useful (seriously Apple, you need to make this happen!) and you can even made contact shortcuts on your home screen(s) from which you can instantly call/sms/email/etc - very handy!

I understand that Samsung has put a layer over Android on this called 'Touchwiz 4.0'. I don't know what the vanilla version of Android 2.3.3 is like, but Touchwiz is really great and the experience is akin to that of iOS, though infinitely more customisable!

Generally speaking, it would seem that it's possible to configure the various home screens and app pages pretty much exactly as you want them. Plus, there are heaps of other widgets that can be downloaded and added to the home screen, too. I can't stress enough how useful it is to have an email and schedule widget ever-present on your home screen(s), reminding you at a glance exactly what's on the agenda and letting you see the first few lines of new emails. In my opinion this feature alone makes it a better business phone compared to the iPhone (though I hear the Blackberry is still king).

As for apps, the Android Market is definitely not as slick as the iOS AppStore, but it's not that bad, either. I was kind of expecting some horrible, unusable experience, but that's far from the truth. In reality, it's a pretty quick, usable market and there are loads of free apps available. Every major app I used on my iPhone was also available on this phone, often for free(!?) - for some reason the developers have chosen to sell the iPhone version of an app yet make it free on Android (though some of these are ad-supported).

Notifications are also a HUGE improvement compared to iOS. I no longer accidentally 'OK' a notification without reading it because it popped up as I was typing a message like I did with the iPhone. Instead, this phone puts little icons in the top status bar that alert you to any notification that's happening (e.g. email, sms, calendar reminder, app installation, etc.). You can choose if and when to dismiss the notification, or leave it in the notification menu to look at again later (very useful!). Again, this was a MAJOR issue I had with iOS and it's great to see this problem solved so intelligently in Android.

Getting data on and off this phone is a breeze compared to the iPhone. No more iTunes, though if you really still want it you can get software that will allows you to continue using iTunes with your Android phone. I just discovered an app in the menu called 'Kies Air', which amazingly lets you transfer everything on and off your phone wirelessly using a browser on your computer! There is also an installed Kies application on your computer that is somewhat akin to iTunes but about 400% faster at transferring music (in my experience).

You can buy music from Amazon MP3 as well, kind of like iTunes on the iPhone. Search, preview and purchase. The usual drill. Amazon seems a bit cheaper compared to iTunes on some of the albums I've looked at.

SCREEN:
The screen is amazing - easily the best mobile phone screen I've ever seen. Blacks are really black! There is no backlight in the display at all because it is AMOLED, so it makes the colour and contrast really stand out. When using the phone, a black background (e.g. in a menu) blend perfectly with the rest of the phone's body, making it sort of feel like it's all one giant display. There are also two touch sensitive 'buttons' at the bottom of the display, to the left and right side of the home button, which is physical. When you press these buttons they light up, and the phone very quickly and gently vibrates a tiny bit to provide further user feedback that it was pressed. A similar vibration happens with the on screen keyboard, and I really like it; it feel more like you're pressing physical buttons.

Speaking of which, the ham-fisted among us can rejoice! The 4.3" screen is so much easier to type on than the smaller screen found on the iPhone. My typing error rate reduced immediately and I rarely have to backspace/re-type words now because the keyboard is physically larger.

The pixels on the phone are small enough that you can read most web pages without having to zoom in; according to the specs it's not as pixel-dense as the iPhone 4 display, but my eyes can't really tell the difference to be honest, and whatever it loses on the spec sheet it surely gains back by virtue of it's vibrant rendition of colour and absolute blacks.

CAMERA:
For a phone, this camera on the back is quite fantastic. Easily matching the iPhone 4's brilliant camera, but surpassing it in resolution. The camera software has heaps of bells and whistles which I am yet to play with, but for quick point-and-shoot, it's easy, fast, and very high quality; good enough to replace a dedicated point-and-shoot camera for basic outdoor photos (e.g. at a BBQ for example).

It also records full 1080p HD video, though I'm not a big video fan and haven't really played around with it much.

I haven't really used the camera on the front, since I don't make video calls. However, at around 2Mpx it seems to take decent self portraits if the lighting is right, but it's really only designed for video calls anyway, so it's the back camera that really impresses.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
I'm sure a lot more could be said about the beautiful screen on this phone but it's best to experience it yourself. From an industrial design perspective this phone is a work of art - a beautiful, thin, black, flat slab with gun metal grey edging; it weighs in at only 116 grams.

This makes it lighter than the vast majority of phones on the market, and very noticeably lighter in the hand than the iPhone 4 which weighs in at around 137 grams. Holding one in each hand, the iPhone 4 feels like a brick by comparison, albeit a beautiful one. Interestingly, the lightness of the Samsung in no way cheapens it's feel; it's very solid and doesn't squeak, twist or give any indication that it's anything other than an extremely well built product.

Lying down and holding the phone up to your face to watch a movie or read news is noticeably easier due to it's light weight. In fact, lengthy phone calls are also noticeably less tiring on the arms - as strange as this sounds, after 1.5hrs on the phone you do feel the difference 20grams makes in your hand.

There is space underneath the battery cover to put in your SIM card and/or microSD card. I don't need the SD card because there is already 16GB of memory in this phone, which is way more than I'll ever use. Nevertheless, if you have absolutely loads of music and videos then this is an extremely cheap and easy way of increasing the capacity of your phone.

This phone also uses the new standard for phone chargers - essentially a microUSB port - located at the bottom of the phone (the headphone jack is at the top). This single multi-purpose port is used when connecting the phone to your computer, charger or whatever.

MAKING CALLS:
This phone is MUCH more comfortable against the ear compared to either the iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 (which I found hurt my ear due to the rather sharp edge of the glass display). I also found the audio to be louder if not clearer, which was a pleasant surprise. Reception is strong everywhere so far and I've had no dropped calls and no antenna strength issues no matter how I'm holding the phone. The manual states that the antenna is positioned on the back of the phone near the very bottom, so if you cup your hand tightly around the very base of the phone it loses one bar of strength according to my experiments - though it would be difficult to hold the phone in this way against your ear for a phone call so I don't ever seeing this being a problem for anyone in the real world.

SUMMING UP:
In my opinion this is a better phone than the iPhone 4 and the best smartphone available right now. It is lightening fast, has an amazing screen, very intuitive, usable and customisable software, and seems to do everything really well. There is nothing in this phone that I can find to criticize and it actually feels worth the hefty price tag; no buyer's remorse here. It should be noted that this phone is actually CHEAPER than the iPhone 4 despite having a significantly higher specification in every regard.

If you are almost totally technically illiterate and in the market for a smartphone then the iPhone may still be a better option, but then again you probably wouldn't be reading this review if you fall into that category. So for everyone else this is almost certainly a better buy. Apple would have to do something truly 'magical' with iOS 5 to make me go back to it now..."

Frukt
Уже с Приветом

Post by Frukt »

Исповедь еретика. Опыт использования телефонов на Android OS
Galaxy S и Incredible S? Пожалуй, приятные аппараты. Но как и любой Android, требуют регулярной тотальной перезагрузки. Проблема трубок под управлением Android в том, что они просто принадлежат настолько разрозненной системе, которую неплохо бы как-то объединить и тотально возглавить, но упертые Google все повторяют, что они пойдут другим путем, который на мой взгляд не есть лучший вариант....
Когда-нибудь Google озаботятся хотя бы какой-то централизацией и подумают о создании чего-то вроде типовых UI (пользовательских интерфейсов). Что я вижу сейчас на платформе Android, даже рядом не стоит с интерфейсами простейших и ужаснейших приложений из App Store. Вот, кстати, еще одна проблема разрозненности. Работающие с Android Market программисты по большей части талантливые, но дизайнеры из них никакие. Продумать не могут, как правило, не только интерфейс (что еще полбеды), но и так называемое юзабилити.
Тут пользователи уверяют, что и тормозов нет и не зависает.
Похоже "преувеличивают".
Peace
кр580ик80а
Уже с Приветом

Post by кр580ик80а »

Frukt, извините но этот текст выглядит как типичное российское пальцегнутие
Дима
cybopob
Уже с Приветом

Post by cybopob »

*yawn*
crypto5
Уже с Приветом

Post by crypto5 »

stenking wrote:Если послушать наших друзей как раз столько и должен стоит хороший продукт без доплаты "за бренд".
Если это адресовано мне, то я как раз говорил что у айпада в отличие от других продуктов эпл доплаты за бренд особо нету.
Ну и вы бы еще выбрали какой нибудь китайский нонэйм для ревью. Арчос - первопроходец(начал планшетники выпускать раньше чем эпл если что), этим он и был крут, продукты у них по сегодняшним временам не конкуренты. Посмотрите лучше галакси таб новый.
In vino Veritas!
SergeL
Уже с Приветом

Post by SergeL »

Забавно, я свой myTouch 4g не перезагружал ни разу с момента покупки..... Работает себе и работает...
cybopob
Уже с Приветом

Post by cybopob »

Забавно, галакси С перегружаю по пять раз в день. Мало того шо он тормозить начинает после 2-3х запущенных приложений, так он еще и виснет наглухо пару раз в день.
crypto5
Уже с Приветом

Post by crypto5 »

cybopob wrote:Забавно, галакси С перегружаю по пять раз в день. Мало того шо он тормозить начинает после 2-3х запущенных приложений, так он еще и виснет наглухо пару раз в день.
Потому что не нужно покупать телефоны с самсунговcким crapware, нужно юзать pure google.
In vino Veritas!
cybopob
Уже с Приветом

Post by cybopob »

хм, ну гугл вроде забил выпускать телефончики после пары фейлов?
crypto5
Уже с Приветом

Post by crypto5 »

cybopob wrote:хм, ну гугл вроде забил выпускать телефончики после пары фейлов?
Да ну?
In vino Veritas!
cybopob
Уже с Приветом

Post by cybopob »

плюс нравится их политика, приходишь например в тмобл, пощупать телефончик, а там муляж. Вей ту гоу, гугл!
crypto5
Уже с Приветом

Post by crypto5 »

cybopob wrote:плюс нравится их политика, приходишь например в тмобл, пощупать телефончик, а там муляж. Вей ту гоу, гугл!
ХЗ, в бестбае нексусы вполне живые стоят.
In vino Veritas!
cybopob
Уже с Приветом

Post by cybopob »

ANYWAY, YAWN
не надоел обмер утюгами еще?
olis
Уже с Приветом

Post by olis »

Не знаю, у Нексуса мне интерфейс не понравился - кнопки там. Хотя может привык к Самсунгу.
GalaxyS вроде не тормозит и не виснет. Семья у меня счас ее играется, игрушки там всякие качает.
crypto5
Уже с Приветом

Post by crypto5 »

cybopob wrote:ANYWAY, YAWN
не надоел обмер утюгами еще?
Ну это вы у стенкина спросите, я тут так, мимо проходил.
In vino Veritas!
stenking
Уже с Приветом

Post by stenking »

Надоело, так легоньки пинаем плывущий мимо труп врага, а прошлую тему лакнули :)
Бога нет.
crypto5
Уже с Приветом

Post by crypto5 »

stenking wrote:Надоело, так легоньки пинаем плывущий мимо труп врага, а прошлую тему лакнули :)
Вы на андроид перебрались наконец то? :lol:
In vino Veritas!
cybopob
Уже с Приветом

Post by cybopob »

olis wrote:Не знаю, у Нексуса мне интерфейс не понравился - кнопки там. Хотя может привык к Самсунгу.
GalaxyS вроде не тормозит и не виснет. Семья у меня счас ее играется, игрушки там всякие качает.
Угу, давайте еще теперь поборимся за чистоту веры - ортодоксальные ондроефилы против еретиков Самсунговистов.
stenking
Уже с Приветом

Post by stenking »

вот, напоследок:

http://exler.ru/expromt/08-02-2011.htm
Бога нет.
crypto5
Уже с Приветом

Post by crypto5 »

stenking wrote:вот, напоследок:

Как то так и не нашел ни одного плюса в его статье :lol:
In vino Veritas!
olis
Уже с Приветом

Post by olis »

crypto5 wrote:
stenking wrote:вот, напоследок:

Как то так и не нашел ни одного плюса в его статье :lol:
Ага. :) Особенно если учесть что раньше он написал статью
"Чем Android 2 лучше iOS 4 (iPhone OS)" http://exler.ru/expromt/12-01-2011.htm
где утверждает прямо противоположное. Те же самые достоинства и недостатки, только с другим знаком :)
matus
Уже с Приветом

Post by matus »

Ссылаться на графомана экслера было дурным тоном ещё в конце девяностых. Но вы продолжайте. Это, кажется, ваш уровень.
I think, therefore you are.
SergeL
Уже с Приветом

Post by SergeL »

А тем временем я себе заказал Asus Eee Pad с НовыхЯиц...

Return to “Вопросы и новости IT”