Резюме на критику

В областях, не связанных с IT
Katie78

Резюме на критику

Post by Katie78 »

Здравстуйте всем.
вот назрела необходимость выложить свое резюме на критику. была несколько раз на интервью, но если сравнить с тем сколько я послала резюме, то выходит очень мало приглашают. :pain1: думаю, что проблема в резюме и нужен свежий взгляд.
Буду благодарна любой критике с вашей стороны.

Surname, first name, address, tel., e-mail.

OBJECTIVE Position of an accountant in your company that will benefit from my initiative, capabilities, and contribution. I am especially interested in this position with the potential for advancement and increased decision-making responsibilities.

SUMMARY ACCOUNTING SKILLS
o Fundamental accounting knowledge of financial statements, taxation procedures.
o Motivated, efficient, accurate and detail-oriented.
o Strong analytical abilities.
o General Accounting function, general ledger and general journal entries, trial balance.
o Accounts payable / receivable, working with the bank documents and the nonpublic financial documents.
o Analysis and control over the financial activity, reporting of the cash flows.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS
o Using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), adaptation and using МO products to accounting tasks,
o Understanding and using various accounting software,
o Working with Internet,
o Professional type-secretary.

EXPERIENCE

2002 - 2002 Leading accountants in the accounting of property, plant and equipment - "XXXXXXXXXX LTD". Brest, Belarus

Organizing of synthetic and analytic accounting of the property, plant and equipment, the intangible assets, Calculation and accounting of deprecation, control over the property, plant and equipment availability, The paper work and the accounting of short-term and long-term rents, The accounting of the financial leasing, The accounting of the expenses of repairing, modernization and reconstruction of the equipment, buildings, structures and revaluation of the property, plant and equipment.

Fulfilled projects
During stocktaking of the property, plant and equipment of the Enterprise, equipment was detected which did not take part in the production, by my authority parts of that equipment were reserved in shortest terms which allowed the company to reduce the cost price and to increase the profitability of the issued products.

1999 - 2002 Chief accountants - "ZZZZZZZZZ LTD". Brest, Belarus
Elaboration of the accounting policy, Organizing of the work of the accountant department, Analysis and control over the financial activity, Studying of the tax laws and their changes, Calculation of taxes and non-tax payments into the budget and non-budget funds, preparation and handing over of the accounting and statistical statements.

Fulfilled projects
I took part in the program design by the reduction of the production expenses and expenses of realization of the products and goods manufactured.
As a result the expected profit was achieved by the Enterprise.

I calculated the project of the installation of the fiber-optical nets and elaboration of a written application for taking part in a tender operation.
As a result of my calculations, our Enterprise won the tender to take over operations of some big companies in the city of Brest.

1997 - 1999 Cashier- accountant - "EEEEEEEEE LTD". Brest, Belarus

Multicurrency, Analysis and control over the financial activity, the reporting of the cash flow statement, Develop A/R, A/P, daily financial reports.

Fulfilled projects
Along with a commercial director I took part in searching partner firms for co-operation and successful promotion of our company products on the Russian market which brought the expected benefits.

EDUCATION

2001 Bachelor of Economic Science, bachelor - State Technical University.
Brest, Belarus
tolikk
Уже с Приветом

Re: Резюме на критику

Post by tolikk »

see next
Last edited by tolikk on 04 Feb 2004 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer:
I'm not really a Career advisor... I just play one on this forum..:)
tolikk
Уже с Приветом

Post by tolikk »

Katie78 wrote:Здравстуйте всем.
вот назрела необходимость выложить свое резюме на критику. была несколько раз на интервью, но если сравнить с тем сколько я послала резюме, то выходит очень мало приглашают. :pain1: думаю, что проблема в резюме и нужен свежий взгляд.
Буду благодарна любой критике с вашей стороны.

OBJECTIVE Position of an accountant in your company that will benefit from my initiative, capabilities, and contribution. I am especially interested in this position with the potential for advancement and increased decision-making responsibilities.

To obtain an accounting position where I can utilize my skills... (such and such skills). The part that you are interested in this position should be in cover letter. I don't think you should mention potential for advancement as the company might be looking for someone to be in the advertised position for a while and not a "careerist". You should "doctor-up" your objective according to the specific position.

SUMMARY ACCOUNTING SKILLS
o Fundamental accounting knowledge of financial statements, taxation procedures.
o Motivated, efficient, accurate and detail-oriented. - that's not an accounting skill.
o Strong analytical abilities.
o General Accounting function, general ledger and general journal entries, trial balance.
o Accounts payable / receivable, working with the bank documents and the nonpublic financial documents.
o Analysis and control over the financial activity, reporting of the cash flows.
I am not in the accounting field, but the above seems a little unorganized ??
ADDITIONAL SKILLS
o Using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), adaptation and using МO products to accounting tasks,
o Understanding and using various accounting software,
o Working with Internet,
o Professional type-secretary.

I think that mentioning MS office knowledge is somewhat redundant because it's should be a given that the person in this field is good with Word and Excel. Same goes for the Internet. Since you mention various accounting software, you might want to indicate which ones.

EXPERIENCE

2002 - 2002 Leading accountants in the accounting of property, plant and equipment - "XXXXXXXXXX LTD". Brest, Belarus What's the position title? Senior accountant?

Organizing of synthetic and analytical? accounting of the property, plant and equipment, the intangible assets, Calculation and accounting of deprecation, control over the property, plant and equipment availability, The paper work and the accounting of short-term and long-term rents, The accounting of the financial leasing, The accounting of the expenses of repairing, modernization and reconstruction of the equipment, buildings, structures and revaluation of the property, plant and equipment.
You might want to use bullets for each of your duties. It will make it easier to read.

Fulfilled projects
During stocktaking of the property, plant and equipment of the Enterprise, equipment was detected which did not take part in the production, by my authority parts of that equipment were reserved in shortest terms which allowed the company to reduce the cost price and to increase the profitability of the issued products. Too long of a sentence! Just indicate the action and the final result. You don't need to separate fulfilled projects from you duties. You might want to have as one of the bullets. (Unless it's somewhat standard for accounting field). You should always try to put a number (%, $) of the savings, and/or profit.

1999 - 2002 Chief accountants - "ZZZZZZZZZ LTD". Brest, Belarus Do you mean Chief accountant?Elaboration of the accounting policy, Organizing of the work of the accountant department, Analysis and control over the financial activity, Studying of the tax laws and their changes, Calculation of taxes and non-tax payments into the budget and non-budget funds, preparation and handing over of the accounting and statistical statements.
If you were a cheif accountant then you should mention the supervisory role. But if being a supervisor will make you overqualified for the position you are applying then you should change the title. Also the things I mentioned about your previous position do apply here as well (bullets, final results-numbers)
Fulfilled projects
I took part in the program design by the reduction of the production expenses and expenses of realization of the products and goods manufactured.

I calculated the project of the installation of the fiber-optical nets and elaboration of a written application for taking part in a tender operation.
As a result of my calculations, our Enterprise won the tender to take over operations of some big companies in the city of Brest.
Again, doesn't need to be separate. Numbers? took over operations of some big companies? - How much revenue it generated? numbers?

1997 - 1999 Cashier- accountant - "EEEEEEEEE LTD". Brest, Belarus

Multicurrency, Analysis and control over the financial activity, the reporting of the cash flow statement, Develop A/R, A/P, daily financial reports.

Fulfilled projects
Along with a commercial director I took part in searching partner firms for co-operation and successful promotion of our company products on the Russian market which brought the expected benefits.
Same: bullets, numbers

EDUCATION

2001 Bachelor of Economic Science, bachelor - State Technical University.
Brest, Belarus

Why use bachelor twice?

Hope it helps.
Disclaimer:
Mr. Trump
Уже с Приветом

Post by Mr. Trump »

Tolikk все правильно пишет. Я бы учел замечания и изменил резюме примерно следующим образом:

SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL SKILLS

-Fundamental knowledge of US GAAP and International Accounting Standards
-Solid experience in full cycle accounting and financial statements preparation
-Strong knowledge of US corporate taxation
-Practical experience in G/L accounting, A/R,A/P, cash management and cash flow analysis
-Enhanced knowledge in Fixed Assets accounting
-Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
-Practical experience in QuickBooks, MYOB, and Peachtree

EXPERIENCE

Senior Accountant "XXXXXXXXXX LTD". Brest, Belarus

• Implemented and maintained Fixed Assets accounting procedures and policies
• Maintained intangible assets accounting
• Analyzed different deprecation techniques and implemented the property control procedures
• Developed accounting procedures for Capital and Operating leases
• Analyzed and accounted capital expenditures in accordance with GAAP
• Prepared analytical reports regarding repair, modernization, and reconstruction of the Capital Assets
• Increased the company’s profitability by 10% by developing and implementing new procedures related to changes in Fixed Assets accounting.

Ну и дальше в том же духе
Katie78

Резюме на критику

Post by Katie78 »

Здравствуйте.
хочу поблагодарить вас за критику с вашей стороны. буду корректировать согласно вышесказанному :gen1:

тут возник вопрос о том, как правильно указать свою должность, т.е.я работала как ведущий бухгалтер по основным средствам. это был не главный бухгалтер, но и не рядовой. в общем, пока не знаю как это правильно отразить :pain1:
Если есть предложения, то поделитесь, пожалуйста.
И вот что еще хочеться отметить на счет цифр, процентов и прочего, что удалось мне сэкономить или сохранить для предприятия, где я работала. всегда думала, что цифры (тем более прибыль и подобное) является коммерческой тайной предприятий.
а что к этому нормально относятся будущие работодатели 8O.
тут есть сомнения.

[/quote]
Mr. Trump
Уже с Приветом

Post by Mr. Trump »

Должность так и можно назвать Fixed Assets Accountant. С другой стороны, Senior Accountant не обязательно означает позицию главного бухгалтера, скорее уровень responsibilities. Junior- Intermediate-Senior. В конце концов, напишите просто “ Accountant”. Что касается конфиденциальной информации, то давая проценты – increased ROI by 5%, decreased Fixed Costs by 10% вы указываете экон. эффект от ваших проектов, но не даете конкретных цифр. Я имею ввиду, что сами по себе Ratios не содержат важной информации – их можно смело указывать. С конкретными цифрами нужно быть аккуратнее, лучше всего на такие вопросы не отвечать ссылаясь на confidentiality, если конечно вы не работали на какую-нибудь public company, финансовую информацию о которой можно найти в газетах или интернете.
tolikk
Уже с Приветом

Post by tolikk »

Katie,

Can you use "Lead accountant" or "senior accountant"? Senior doesn't necessarily mean "главный". There easily could be more than one senior accountant. What about "Accounting project or program leader?

You might be right about the numbers issue in the accounting field. Again, as I mentioned I am not in the same field. However, you need to show the final results. Just saying that you saved money, etc is not enough. You have to remember that the only reason the company will hire you is if you can show that you will either increase flow or reduce cost. You don't have to reveal financial statements (btw that in most cases is public information). I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that based on action you implemented the product cost was reduced by #%.

A few more points:
In your last job description you put the dates as 2002-2002. Is that a typo? If not you might want to think of changing it

Also, you might want to change phrases like "I took part", "Calculated" to stronger "action words": Maybe something like: "lead the program design", "developed cost analysis", etc

Oh, and in your first job title it's probably better to have just accountant rather than cashier accountant.
Disclaimer:
Katie78

Резюме на критику

Post by Katie78 »

Спасибо всем, кто поучавствовал в обсуждении моего вопроса.
что я теперь могу сказать по поводу своего резюме...оно стало намного лучше (благодаря вам) :), чему я очень рада. и думаю, что теперь, читая мое резюме, будущий работодатель заинтересуется и предложит job offer :umnik1:
конечно, нужно будет еще подумать насчет цифр...
и как лучше подчеркнуть о моих выполненных проектах. как-то просто в включить как один из пунктов мне не очень нравиться.
ну вот теперь можно просмотреть результат:

OBJECTIVE
To obtain an accounting position where I can utilize my initiative, capabilities, and contribution. I am especially interested in this position with the potential for advancement and increased decision-making responsibilities.

SUMMARY
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
o Fundamental knowledge of US GAAP and International Accounting Standards
o Solid experience in full cycle accounting and financial statements preparation
o Strong knowledge of US corporate taxation
o Practical experience in G/L accounting, A/R,A/P, cash management and cash flow analysis
o Enhanced knowledge in Fixed Assets accounting
o Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
o Practical experience in QuickBooks, MYOB, and Peachtree

EXPERIENCE

Jan2002 – Dec2002 Fixed Assets Accountant – Xxxxxxxxx LTD". Brest, Belarus
o Implemented and maintained Fixed Assets accounting procedures and policies,
o Maintained intangible assets accounting ,
o Analyzed different deprecation techniques and implemented the property control procedures,
o Developed accounting procedures for Capital and Operating leases,
o Analyzed and accounted capital expenditures in accordance with GAAP,
o Prepared analytical reports regarding repair, modernization, and reconstruction of the Capital Assets,
o Increased the company’s profitability by 10% by developing and implementing new procedures related to changes in Fixed Assets accounting.

Sep 1999 – Jan 2002 Accountant - "zzzzzzzzzzzz LTD". Brest, Belarus

o Elaboration of the accounting policy,
o Analysis and control over the financial activity,
o Studying of the tax laws and their changes,
o Calculation of taxes and non-tax payments into the budget and non-budget funds, preparation and handing over of the accounting and statistical statements.
o Supervised general ledger, budgeting, payroll, A/R, A/P and journal entries, monthly closing of books and prepaid monthly and yearend financial statements.
Fulfilled projects
I leaded the program design by the reduction of the production expenses and expenses of realization of the products and goods manufactured.

I developed cost analysis of the project of the fiber-optical nets installation and elaboration of a written application for taking part in a tender operation.
The company won the tender as a result of my development.

Jul 1997 – Sep 1999 Accountant – “yyyyyyyyyy LTD". Brest, Belarus

o Multicurrency,
o The reporting of the cash flow statement,
o Develop A/R, A/P, daily financial reports.
EDUCATION

2001 Bachelor of Economic Science - State Technical University.
Brest, Belarus
thinker
Уже с Приветом

Post by thinker »

Katie78 wrote:I am especially interested in this position with the potential for advancement and increased decision-making responsibilities.

Копгда Вы говорите "interested in this position" это означает, что Вы аплаитесь на какую-то конкретную позицию. Но вся конкретика должна быть не в резюме а в cover letter. А здесь же правильнее будет "interested in a position".

Katie78 wrote:SUMMARY
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
o Fundamental knowledge of US GAAP and International Accounting Standards
o Solid experience in full cycle accounting and financial statements preparation
o Practical experience in G/L accounting, A/R,A/P, cash management and cash flow analysis
o Enhanced knowledge in Fixed Assets accounting
o Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
o Practical experience in QuickBooks, MYOB, and Peachtree

Основное замечание здесь - отсутствие количества лет опыта по каждому пункту. Я бы писал так:

5 years of experience in...

Katie78 wrote:o Elaboration of the accounting policy,
o Studying of the tax laws and their changes,
o Calculation of taxes and non-tax payments into the budget and non-budget funds, preparation and handing over of the accounting and statistical statements.
o Supervised general ledger, budgeting, payroll, A/R, A/P and journal entries, monthly closing of books and prepaid monthly and yearend financial statements.

Каждое предложение должно начинаться с глагола в прошедшей форме. Без ислючений. A у вас солянка: Analysis...Studying...Supervised...Эта же ошибка и в описании другой работы.

Katie78 wrote:Fulfilled projects
I leaded the program design by the reduction of the production expenses and expenses of realization of the products and goods manufactured.

I developed cost analysis of the project of the fiber-optical nets installation and elaboration of a written application for taking part in a tender operation.
The company won the tender as a result of my development.

Конструкция "I developed.. " не допустима. Опять же требуется только глагол в прошедшей форме. Кроме этого выражение "As a result the expected profit was achieved" не очень впечатляет. Гороздо лучше нечто вроде:

As a result the company profit was increased by 35%. :wink:

Katie78 wrote:2001 Bachelor of Economic Science - State Technical University.
Brest, Belarus

Оформлено неверно. Правильно будет вот так:

Bachelor Of Science degree in Economics
State Technical University
Brest, Belarus
Graduation - June 2001

либо сокращенный вариант, если нужнo, по каким либо причинам, ужать резюме:

BS in Economics
State Technical University, Brest, Belarus, 2001
All rights reserved, all wrongs revenged.
tolikk
Уже с Приветом

Post by tolikk »

Katie78 wrote:что я теперь могу сказать по поводу своего резюме...оно стало намного лучше (благодаря вам) :), чему я очень рада. и думаю, что теперь, читая мое резюме, будущий работодатель заинтересуется и предложит job offer

Job Hunting 101:
The purpose of a resume is to get an interview.
The purpose of an interview is to get the job offer!

Katie78 wrote:o Multicurrency,
o The reporting of the cash flow statement,
o Develop A/R, A/P, daily financial reports.

"Multicurrency" what?...
You need to keep all the action verbs in the same tense.

It's better not to use punctuation after each bullet description. But if you still decide using it then you have to be consistent.

You have to check your grammar:
"I leaded" ? First of all as thinker said you don't use I did this or I did that. You use the verb in past tense, which in this case is "lead".

Katie78 wrote:o Supervised general ledger, budgeting, payroll, A/R, A/P and journal entries, monthly closing of books and prepaid monthly and yearend financial statements.

"prepaid monthly"? you mean prepared, right?
:nono#:
"yearend"- year end? - (I could be wrong here.)

If you still plan to separate you "fulfilled projects" then you might want to consider creating a separate category, something like "Achievements" and list it there.
Disclaimer:
SergeyM800
Уже с Приветом

Post by SergeyM800 »

Katie78 wrote:
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS

Звучит странно при отсутствие опыта работы в USA, вас могут не понять.
Xорошо бы было добавить Profile о личных качествах, типа "organized, detail oriented, self-motivated ..." и т.п.
Месяцы обычно никого не интересуют, напишите просто 2002-2003, 1999-2002 и т.д.

Katie78 wrote:

Измените здесь на Senior Accountant, поскольку, рост в кампании отмечается не только новыми обязанностями, но и новой должностью с соответсвующим окладом. Кстати, "Studying of the tax laws and their changes" уберите или вынесите в Education обозначив только год, место и название курса.
Возможно лучше написать Fixed Assets Specialist, вместо Fixed Assets Accountant, но я не уверен.
Опыт работы в резюме и так указывается годами (где место работы). Срок HR подсчитает - будте уверены, а вот в Cover Letter cтоит сказать что вы имеете 5 лет experience.
В резюме обычно не пишут достижения компании где вы работали, даже если вы приложили к этому руку, оставьте это для интервью.

И последний комментарий, если вы апплаивайтесь на должность не ниже senior accountant или скажем tax specialist (cost accountant) или full charge bookkeeper, то после причесывания резюме в полне подходяшие. Единственная загвоздка - отсутсвие местного опыта. Но если вы подаете на должности типа staff accountant, A/P, А/R , то у вас резюме сильно over qualify - придется многое убирать. Держите на готове 2 варианта. Успехов
Katie78

Post by Katie78 »

Спасибо всем за комментарии. Стараюсь все учитывать и ничего не пропустить :).

SergeyM800 wrote:
Katie78 wrote:
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS

Измените здесь на Senior Accountant, поскольку, рост в кампании отмечается не только новыми обязанностями, но и новой должностью с соответсвующим окладом. Кстати, "Studying of the tax laws and their changes" уберите или вынесите в Education обозначив только год, место и название курса.

Решила написать просто Accountant, т.к. если писать Senior Accountant, то следующее место работы выглядит совсем уж не так как надо Fixed Assets Accountant. значит пока ограничусь. Конечно, с нашей стране изучение налогового законодательства было обязанностью каждого бухгалтера. здесь вам не тут, как говориться, поэтому просто уберу это. :?

SergeyM800 wrote:Возможно лучше написать Fixed Assets Specialist, вместо Fixed Assets Accountant, но я не уверен..

Все-таки считаю, что второе больше связано с бухгалтерией.

SergeyM800 wrote:Опыт работы в резюме и так указывается годами (где место работы). Срок HR подсчитает - будте уверены, а вот в Cover Letter cтоит сказать что вы имеете 5 лет experience..

В Cover Letter я, действительно, так и пишу :)
SergeyM800 wrote:В резюме обычно не пишут достижения компании где вы работали, даже если вы приложили к этому руку, оставьте это для интервью.

Когда я писала свое резюме, конечно в нем далеко не все гладко оказалось, основывалась на разных примерах. и вот во многих как раз и видела что-то типа выполненных проектов. мне этот пункт пришелся по душе, тем более я таковые тоже имела. а вот теперь оказывается что это совсем никому не нужная информация в резюме. а на интервью об этом меня никто не спрашивал.

SergeyM800 wrote:И последний комментарий, если вы апплаивайтесь на должность не ниже senior accountant или скажем tax specialist (cost accountant) или full charge bookkeeper, то после причесывания резюме в полне подходяшие. Единственная загвоздка - отсутсвие местного опыта. Но если вы подаете на должности типа staff accountant, A/P, А/R , то у вас резюме сильно over qualify - придется многое убирать. Держите на готове 2 варианта. Успехов

Тут, конечно, соглашусь что нужно иметь два варианта. без опыта работы, ты и на родине никому не нужен был, а уж в другой стране и подавно. в основном, я ищу объявления, где требуется либо Accountant, либо Bookkeeper.
Katie78

Post by Katie78 »

tolikk wrote:You have to check your grammar:
"I leaded" ? First of all as thinker said you don't use I did this or I did that. You use the verb in past tense, which in this case is "lead".

конечно, же I led :oops:
Valeus
Уже с Приветом

Post by Valeus »

Katie78 wrote:o Strong knowledge of US corporate taxation

Which part is the strongest - FSC, DISC, Sec.269A costs or simply MACRS & ACRS? Or you didn't mean income taxes, but only meant payroll taxes (different in every state and sometimes city), or property taxes (different in every city, county, state), or business taxes (different for every city, state), or sales taxes?..

If, indeed, you managed to acquire that strong knowledge while working in a foreign country, you most certainly want to disclose full detail behind it, since it is an achievement by itself.

And, of course, why are you (with your "strong knowledge of US corporate taxation" and after all the time and effort you have invested in learning) looking for an accounting position rather than tax? Tax professionals get paid statistically better than accountants...
Это так, мысли вслух. Просто будьте готовы ответить на подобные вопросы.

Return to “Карьера и Работа”