GRE Analytical Writing

Курсы, колледжи, университеты.
genia

to star-gaser

Post by genia »

OK about success, but what will you say about " concept of "individual responibility is a necessary function"? Will you discuss your personal experience or "naturalism" or something else?
star_gazer
Новичок

Re: to star-gaser

Post by star_gazer »

genia wrote:OK about success, but what will you say about " concept of "individual responibility is a necessary function"? Will you discuss your personal experience or "naturalism" or something else?

Yes, this concept is essential for any society because, say, it predetrmines social stability and on an individual level it's a fundamental feature of maturity. You can point out that, however, it may lead to alieneation because people may become reluctunt to ask each other for help. Do you want me to answer all their questions?
genia

to star-gaser about necessary fiction

Post by genia »

As I understood, "necessary fiction" means something that does not exist but it is necessary that people believe that it exist. It is a quite complicated philosophical concept. For example, I want to do something out of social norms, say walk naked on the street, but I do not. If "personal responsibility" is considered as a necessary fiction, then we should interpet my non-doing by following: I do not this because I believe that I am responsible for my behavior. In fact, it is not my "free will", but society makes me believe that it is, because it is better for its existence.
I am sure that ETS, who created GRE, did not want us to go too far into philosophical jungles but what can we do....
If you have time, it will be interesting what should be a 250-300 words topic on the subject.
cheers, genia

Return to “Образование”