Подготовка к LSAT и поступление в Law School (VA or NY)

Курсы, колледжи, университеты.
CurlySue

Подготовка к LSAT и поступление в Law School (VA or NY)

Post by CurlySue »

Всем привет,

Я уже давно делаю research о том как эффективнее готовится к LSAT и как потом выбрать подходящую и доступную по деньгам Law School и вот случайно забрела на ваш форум. Вот решила написать список, до сих пор интересующих меня вопросов, и может кто нибудь поможет мне их прояснить.

Немного о себе: я родом из Украины (Киев), в штатах уже 4 года (есть green card), заканчиваю в следующем году University Of Virginia, и очень бы хотелось поступить в University of Virginia Law School, но все будет завитить от конечного GPA (пока что 3.2) and LSAT score (еще не брала тест).

Теперь вопросы, заранее извеняюсь что так много и может какие то из них покажутся глупыми, но так как я выросла в другой стране, некоторые вещи мне до сих пор не понятны, уж простите меня :-)

И так вопросы которые меня мучают:
1) Should I graduate this May, or would it be worth it to take extra summer and fall semesters and boost my GPA by taking extra classes? As i understood GPA matters a lot and so far I have 3.7 for a Community College and 2.7 from UVA (im still working on it).

2) Would double major matter a lot or should I just take easy classes instead to again boost my GPA as much as possible?

3) Would they count GPA from the Community College (80 credits) along with the UVA GPA, or one weights more than the other?

4) Would recommendation letters from Community College Professors and Deans matter or should I get them all form the University instead? Is politics professor recommendation letter looks better or weights more than lets say Russian literature professor?

5) How many letters are enough? Should I sent more just to be safe?

6) Would getting internships/externships help or should I just focus on my GPA (take extra classes) and LSAT for know?
How easy it is to get an internship (unpaid) in the law firm without any work experience in the states?

7) Which LSAT course would you guys recommend? I heard good and bad things about the Kaplan course, so don't know whom s=to believe.

8) Which LSAT courses are more effective - one, three, six month? I would prefer in class course rather than online. Are there any discounts?

9) Are there any other useful/helpful/free etc resources you guys can share or recommend?

10) Does having Ukrainian citizenship help at least somehow while applying for a law school ( meaning diversify the Law School)? Otherwise I would not wait and apply for the citizenship :)

11) Do students who didnt go to high school in the US and didnt score to high on their LSAT get any indulgences while applying or they dont take the language issues in the account? How much time should I spent on studying for LSAT if i am not a native speaker and as you can tell my english is not that good.

12) I heard that international student might get extra time on LSAT, is it true? I could not find any proof of this online.

13) Do you get Financial Aid (Grants/ Scholarships) that are merit based? In UVA i got a full scholarship and a grant since i am independent and unemployed, would it work for Law School or I would have to cover the whole tuition myself?

14) How to pick a Law School? I am a VA resident, but would also consider NY and CA or FL, would it be more expensive to apply to schools in different states?

15) Can you apply for Spring semester or I would need to loose the whole year and apply for the fall of 2014?

Thanks a lot in advance for those who would try to answer at least some of my questions! If fact any advices, tips, links, articles etc would be appreciated. Again i do apologize if thats too much or to silly to ask all that :)

Return to “Образование”