musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

vm16
Новичок
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Apr 2016 03:53

musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by vm16 » 30 Sep 2018 01:37

можно двадцать лет создавать и за пять минут все потерять (Баффетт)
Маска похоже увольняют.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-226


Elon Musk Settles SEC Fraud Charges; Tesla Charged With and Resolves Securities Law Charge
Settlement Requires Musk to Step Down as Tesla’s Chairman; Tesla to Appoint Additional Independent Directors; Tesla and Musk Agree to Pay $40 million in Penalties
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-226

Washington D.C., Sept. 29, 2018 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced today that Elon Musk, CEO and Chairman of Silicon Valley-based Tesla, Inc., has agreed to settle the securities fraud charge brought by the SEC against him last week. The SEC also today charged Tesla with failing to have required disclosure controls and procedures relating to Musk’s tweets, a charge that Tesla has agreed to settle. The settlements, which are subject to court approval, will result in comprehensive corporate governance and other reforms at Tesla—including Musk’s removal as Chairman of the Tesla board—and the payment by Musk and Tesla of financial penalties.

According to the SEC’s complaint against him, Musk tweeted on August 7, 2018 that he could take Tesla private at $420 per share — a substantial premium to its trading price at the time — that funding for the transaction had been secured, and that the only remaining uncertainty was a shareholder vote. The SEC’s complaint alleged that, in truth, Musk knew that the potential transaction was uncertain and subject to numerous contingencies. Musk had not discussed specific deal terms, including price, with any potential financing partners, and his statements about the possible transaction lacked an adequate basis in fact. According to the SEC’s complaint, Musk’s misleading tweets caused Tesla’s stock price to jump by over six percent on August 7, and led to significant market disruption.

According to the SEC’s complaint against Tesla, despite notifying the market in 2013 that it intended to use Musk’s Twitter account as a means of announcing material information about Tesla and encouraging investors to review Musk’s tweets, Tesla had no disclosure controls or procedures in place to determine whether Musk’s tweets contained information required to be disclosed in Tesla’s SEC filings. Nor did it have sufficient processes in place to that Musk’s tweets were accurate or complete.

Musk and Tesla have agreed to settle the charges against them without admitting or denying the SEC’s allegations. Among other relief, the settlements require that:

Musk will step down as Tesla’s Chairman and be replaced by an independent Chairman. Musk will be ineligible to be re-elected Chairman for three years;
Tesla will appoint a total of two new independent directors to its board;
Tesla will establish a new committee of independent directors and put in place additional controls and procedures to oversee Musk’s communications;
Musk and Tesla will each pay a separate $20 million penalty. The $40 million in penalties will be distributed to harmed investors under a court-approved process.
“The total package of remedies and relief announced today are specifically designed to address the misconduct at issue by strengthening Tesla’s corporate governance and oversight in order to protect investors,” said Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

“As a result of the settlement, Elon Musk will no longer be Chairman of Tesla, Tesla’s board will adopt important reforms —including an obligation to oversee Musk’s communications with investors—and both will pay financial penalties,” added Steven Peikin, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division. “The resolution is intended to prevent further market disruption and harm to Tesla’s shareholders.”

The SEC’s investigation was conducted by Walker Newell, Brent Smyth, and Barrett Atwood and supervised by Steven Buchholz, Erin Schneider, and Jina Choi in the San Francisco Regional Office and Cheryl Crumpton in the SEC’s Home Office.

###

vm16
Новичок
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Apr 2016 03:53

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by vm16 » 30 Sep 2018 01:38

Musk will step down as Tesla’s Chairman and be replaced by an independent Chairman. Musk will be ineligible to be re-elected Chairman for three years;

User avatar
Serguei666
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 13131
Joined: 11 Jul 2003 01:00

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by Serguei666 » 30 Sep 2018 02:50

vm16 wrote:
30 Sep 2018 01:37
можно двадцать лет создавать и за пять минут все потерять (Баффетт)
Маска похоже увольняют.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-226


Elon Musk Settles SEC Fraud Charges; Tesla Charged With and Resolves Securities Law Charge
Settlement Requires Musk to Step Down as Tesla’s Chairman; Tesla to Appoint Additional Independent Directors; Tesla and Musk Agree to Pay $40 million in Penalties
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-226

Washington D.C., Sept. 29, 2018 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced today that Elon Musk, CEO and Chairman of Silicon Valley-based Tesla, Inc., has agreed to settle the securities fraud charge brought by the SEC against him last week. The SEC also today charged Tesla with failing to have required disclosure controls and procedures relating to Musk’s tweets, a charge that Tesla has agreed to settle. The settlements, which are subject to court approval, will result in comprehensive corporate governance and other reforms at Tesla—including Musk’s removal as Chairman of the Tesla board—and the payment by Musk and Tesla of financial penalties.

According to the SEC’s complaint against him, Musk tweeted on August 7, 2018 that he could take Tesla private at $420 per share — a substantial premium to its trading price at the time — that funding for the transaction had been secured, and that the only remaining uncertainty was a shareholder vote. The SEC’s complaint alleged that, in truth, Musk knew that the potential transaction was uncertain and subject to numerous contingencies. Musk had not discussed specific deal terms, including price, with any potential financing partners, and his statements about the possible transaction lacked an adequate basis in fact. According to the SEC’s complaint, Musk’s misleading tweets caused Tesla’s stock price to jump by over six percent on August 7, and led to significant market disruption.

According to the SEC’s complaint against Tesla, despite notifying the market in 2013 that it intended to use Musk’s Twitter account as a means of announcing material information about Tesla and encouraging investors to review Musk’s tweets, Tesla had no disclosure controls or procedures in place to determine whether Musk’s tweets contained information required to be disclosed in Tesla’s SEC filings. Nor did it have sufficient processes in place to that Musk’s tweets were accurate or complete.

Musk and Tesla have agreed to settle the charges against them without admitting or denying the SEC’s allegations. Among other relief, the settlements require that:

Musk will step down as Tesla’s Chairman and be replaced by an independent Chairman. Musk will be ineligible to be re-elected Chairman for three years;
Tesla will appoint a total of two new independent directors to its board;
Tesla will establish a new committee of independent directors and put in place additional controls and procedures to oversee Musk’s communications;
Musk and Tesla will each pay a separate $20 million penalty. The $40 million in penalties will be distributed to harmed investors under a court-approved process.
“The total package of remedies and relief announced today are specifically designed to address the misconduct at issue by strengthening Tesla’s corporate governance and oversight in order to protect investors,” said Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

“As a result of the settlement, Elon Musk will no longer be Chairman of Tesla, Tesla’s board will adopt important reforms —including an obligation to oversee Musk’s communications with investors—and both will pay financial penalties,” added Steven Peikin, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division. “The resolution is intended to prevent further market disruption and harm to Tesla’s shareholders.”

The SEC’s investigation was conducted by Walker Newell, Brent Smyth, and Barrett Atwood and supervised by Steven Buchholz, Erin Schneider, and Jina Choi in the San Francisco Regional Office and Cheryl Crumpton in the SEC’s Home Office.

###
О, я как раз пару недель назад сказал, что Маска выгонят с "Теслы"

Evgen
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 1184
Joined: 07 Sep 1999 09:01
Location: Belmont, Ca

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by Evgen » 30 Sep 2018 04:11

в инвестирование блин. То ли шортать, то ли покупать
Помогите жертвам валютной ипотеки.

User avatar
M. Ridcully
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 8793
Joined: 08 Sep 2006 20:07
Location: Силиконка

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by M. Ridcully » 30 Sep 2018 05:49

Ну уж прям "всё".
Ну чуток, временно, из Теслы потеснили.
Не стоит про SpaceX забывать, которая не publiс.
Don’t Tread on Me

User avatar
Serguei666
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 13131
Joined: 11 Jul 2003 01:00

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by Serguei666 » 30 Sep 2018 06:19

Evgen wrote:
30 Sep 2018 04:11
в инвестирование блин. То ли шортать, то ли покупать
Покупайте. Маск им еще всем покажет

User avatar
Sergunka
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 28904
Joined: 03 Dec 2000 10:01
Location: Vladivostok->San Francisco->Los Angeles->San Francisco

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by Sergunka » 30 Sep 2018 06:20

Lazy444 wrote:
30 Sep 2018 02:43
А причем здесь "Работа и Карьера в IT" ? Попросите модератора перенести тему в подходящий раздел.
Походу это единственный раздел "Работа и Карьера в IT" где можно поговорить спокойно :fr:
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

User avatar
АццкоМото
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 15242
Joined: 01 Mar 2007 05:18
Location: VVO->ORD->DFW->SFO->DFW->PDX

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by АццкоМото » 30 Sep 2018 15:05

Дык это... Он же остаётся СЕО
Мат на форуме запрещен, блдж!

User avatar
worldCitizen
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 15618
Joined: 19 Jul 2008 06:52
Location: USA

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by worldCitizen » 30 Sep 2018 18:57

Evgen wrote:
30 Sep 2018 04:11
в инвестирование блин. То ли шортать, то ли покупать
Шортать сток, покупать пут спред.
Эта новость некоторыми рассматривается как умеренно положительная: мог загреметь за ##. К тому же, насколько я понимаю, он остается CEO. Поэтому логически, завтра ожидается небольшой отскок вверх.

Two words to never tweet, "Funding secured." The price for this - a few millions $

ystar
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 577
Joined: 27 Apr 2014 17:13
Location: USA

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by ystar » 01 Oct 2018 03:34

И не удивительно будет, если вместо Маска какой-нибудь индус придет, либо тип Куковской направленности....

User avatar
worldCitizen
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 15618
Joined: 19 Jul 2008 06:52
Location: USA

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by worldCitizen » 01 Oct 2018 04:51

ystar wrote:
01 Oct 2018 03:34
И не удивительно будет, если вместо Маска какой-нибудь индус придет, либо тип Куковской направленности....
В общем, кто будет командовать компанией вопрос серьезный. Очевидно что многие бывшие инженеры и другие работники компании рассматривают Маска как не самого удачного бизнесмена и менеджера.

User avatar
valchkou
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 3280
Joined: 27 Apr 2011 03:43
Location: Сергели ->Chicago

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by valchkou » 01 Oct 2018 18:53

А может маск и КО все это преднамеренно провернули?
Чтобы сбить цену стока и все таки выкупить компанию но не по 420 а скажем по 210.
чет я сомневаюсь в его неадекватности, наивности и вообще в случайности всего происходящего

User avatar
Nostradamus
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 5478
Joined: 30 Apr 2000 09:01
Location: Из будущего

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by Nostradamus » 01 Oct 2018 18:58

Командовать компанией будет Маск, который остается СЕО. Борд вроде как остался тем же, только из него вывели Маска и хотят ввести независимого председателя и двух директоров. Я думаю что ничего не изменится, потому что Маск сможет контролировать борд как один из главных акционеров.
Вот вам успокаивающее. А вот - патроны к нему.

User avatar
worldCitizen
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 15618
Joined: 19 Jul 2008 06:52
Location: USA

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by worldCitizen » 02 Oct 2018 17:42

valchkou wrote:
01 Oct 2018 18:53
А может маск и КО все это преднамеренно провернули?
Чтобы сбить цену стока и все таки выкупить компанию но не по 420 а скажем по 210.
чет я сомневаюсь в его неадекватности, наивности и вообще в случайности всего происходящего
Какой то расчет на теневую прибыль наверняка был, но игра довольно рискованная. В общем, результаты деятельности компании не особо впечатляют, Производство авто вообще муторный бизнес.

User avatar
Think_Different
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 4864
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 14:32
Location: NYC

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by Think_Different » 02 Oct 2018 18:05

ystar wrote:
01 Oct 2018 03:34
И не удивительно будет, если вместо Маска какой-нибудь индус придет, либо тип Куковской направленности....
а вы предложите свою кандидатуру. а то Кук какой-то.....

User avatar
Think_Different
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 4864
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 14:32
Location: NYC

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by Think_Different » 02 Oct 2018 18:12

Маск - гений. Ну дурканул, по пьяни написал что-то в твитере. Кому интересно, посмотрите подкаст с Джо Роганом, где он беседует с Маском больше двух часов. Маск немного инфантильный и наивный, отсюда все эти недоразумения.
А рынок, в краткосрочной перспективе, такой же эмоциональный и недалекий как большинство его участников. e.g. падение акций сразу после покаста где Mаск, о боже!, покурил марихуану в прямом эфире. Очевидная knee jerk reaction. Через несколько дней акции восстановились в цене.

User avatar
worldCitizen
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 15618
Joined: 19 Jul 2008 06:52
Location: USA

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by worldCitizen » 07 Oct 2018 02:19

Think_Different wrote:
02 Oct 2018 18:12
Маск - гений. Ну дурканул, по пьяни написал что-то в твитере. Кому интересно, посмотрите подкаст с Джо Роганом, где он беседует с Маском больше двух часов. Маск немного инфантильный и наивный, отсюда все эти недоразумения.
А рынок, в краткосрочной перспективе, такой же эмоциональный и недалекий как большинство его участников. e.g. падение акций сразу после покаста где Mаск, о боже!, покурил марихуану в прямом эфире. Очевидная knee jerk reaction. Через несколько дней акции восстановились в цене.
Нет, к концу недели все таки сполз. Bear trend.

User avatar
worldCitizen
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 15618
Joined: 19 Jul 2008 06:52
Location: USA

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by worldCitizen » 10 Oct 2018 02:40

Поскольку волатильность зашкаливает, то любая стратегия, credit spread, debit spread, iron condor, могут принести хороший доход.

User avatar
NoMercy
Уже с Приветом
Posts: 671
Joined: 02 Feb 2005 19:16
Location: Moscow-Miami-Moscow

Re: musk все. SEC charged Tesla and Elon Musk

Post by NoMercy » 22 Nov 2018 15:48

Прогноз , как обычно, был точен (100% наоборот ))))

Return to “Инвестирование”