Н1 и стреляние в тире.

b-b
Уже с Приветом

Post by b-b »

Rem700 wrote:В федеральном законе отдельно огворено, что возможна передача оружия во временное пользование (прокат) нерезиденту штата, если он имеет право владеть оружием в штате, резидентом которого он является. Очевидно, что действительное разрешение на скрытое ношение из другого штата является для владельца типа/проката достаточным.

Вот тут вы не правы В IL законы строже ,чем федеральные,более того,каждая деревня имеет право принимать свои законы,еше строже ,чем законы штата.Preemption называется.
А что касается "очевидности и достаточности" CCW отвечает IL state police:
"I have a friend/relative who has a "conceal and carry" permit issued in the state in which they reside. Is the permit recognized in Illinois?
No. Non-residents are subject to Illinois law, restrictions, and penalties, and should be familiar with them if the non-resident plans to bring a firearm into the state of Illinois. "
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the
others here for?
istra
Уже с Приветом

Post by istra »

Если вопрос был бы задан о штате НЙ ответ был однозначно - нет. Собственно для НЙ вопрос этот был бы праздный так тиров здесь нет и передача оружия запрещена. Когда мы ездили в Нью Хампшир Lethal Force Institute (безусловно одна из лучших школ в стане) требования к регистрации

As proof of good character, I enclose one of the following:

______(a) A letter of reference from a local official, i.e., Chief of Police, Sheriff, District Attorney, Judge, etc
______(b) A letter from a practicing attorney stating that I have no police record or history of institutionalization mental health care.
______(c) Proof of occupation in the law enforcement field.
______(d) A concealed carry permit or federal firearms license.

Можно их спросить но по-моему в Нью Хампшире такой вариант вполне возможен. Один человек в группе был из полиции Таиланда он не был резидентом.
It could be worse
b-b
Уже с Приветом

Re: personal experiences in IL

Post by b-b »

simas wrote:...north west subsurbs- Des Plains...

Maxon's?
others here for?
Rem700
Уже с Приветом

Post by Rem700 »

b-b wrote:Вот тут вы не правы В IL законы строже ,чем федеральные,более того,каждая деревня имеет право принимать свои законы,еше строже ,чем законы штата.Preemption называется.
А что касается "очевидности и достаточности" CCW отвечает IL state police:
"I have a friend/relative who has a "conceal and carry" permit issued in the state in which they reside. Is the permit recognized in Illinois?
No. Non-residents are subject to Illinois law, restrictions, and penalties, and should be familiar with them if the non-resident plans to bring a firearm into the state of Illinois. "
Вы меня извините, но вы, похоже, не читаете то, с чем пытаетесь спорить. Никто и не утверждает, что власти вашего штата IL признают разрешие на скрытое ношение оружия, как документ, разрешающий ношение в IL. По части невозможной строгости законов в IL, которую вы так муссируете, вам ту возражает уже даже не один человек.
Кроме того, в теме обсуждается пользование оружием иммигрантами с определенной категорией виз - это не подпадает под ведение штатов, чтобы вы тут ни рассказывали про preemption. В большинстве штатов постоянное проживание в штате по реальному адресу и уплата налогов (детали чуть разнятся) означают, что вы являетесь резидентом для всех законов, включая оружейные (данного штата). Ограничения по визам, повторяю, насколько мне известно устанавливает только федеральный Gun Control Act (в редакции 1998 года).

Если вы приведете ссылку на закон IL, где упоминается визовый статус - тогда ваши возражения будут предметны. А пока - извините, все не по делу...
simas
Уже с Приветом

Post by simas »

b-b wrote:
simas wrote:...north west subsurbs- Des Plains...

Maxon's?

That sounds right, an another range in Bensonville not far from I-83

Simeon

Few more links
1) Illinois Gun Laws

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=IL

A buyer is required to show his Firearms Owner`s Identification Card (FOID) when purchasing any firearms or ammunition. Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any handgun for 72 hours, and of any rifle or shotgun for 24 hours, after application for purchase is made

REQUIREMENTS FOR FOID

Application for a FOID is made to the Illinois State Police, FOID, P. O. Box 19233, Springfield, IL 62794-9233. Application forms can be obtained online at http://www.isp.state.il.us or by calling the Firearm Owners Identification Program at (217)782-2980. An applicant is entitled to a FOID if he:

Is over 21 years of age. If under 21, he must have the written consent of his parent or guardian. In such case, the guardian himself must not be ineligible for a FOID, and the applicant must never have been convicted of a misdemeanor or adjudged a delinquent.
Has never been convicted of a felony.
Is not a narcotics addict.
Has not been a patient in a mental hospital in the preceding five years.
Is not mentally retarded.
<b>Is not an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States. </b> (H1 status folder is lawfully present in United States)
Is not subject to an existing order of protection prohibiting the possession of a firearm.
Has not been convicted within the past 5 years of battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction, in which a firearm was used or possessed.
Has not been convicted of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction committed on or after January 1, 1998.
Has not been convicted within the past 5 years of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction committed before January 1, 1998.

2) Illinois tax forms instructions
http://www.revenue.state.il.us/taxforms ... 0-inst.pdf

Who is an Illinois resident?
You are an Illinois resident if you were domiciled in Illinois for
the entire tax year. Your domicile is the place where you reside
and the place where you intend to return after temporary
absences.

3) H1 and dual intent doctrine
http://www.nvo.com/beaulier/dualintent/
http://www.americanlaw.com/dintent.html

So
a) If H1B resides in IL for over a year, he/she is considered a resident of IL (and taxed as such)
b) Resident of Illinois is allowed to apply for FOID assuming there is nothing disqualifying him/her
c) you can purchase a firearm in Illinois having valid FOID (and proof of residence- phone bills, electric bills, rent/etc)

Please correct/update if above is invalid in your opinion
b-b
Уже с Приветом

Post by b-b »

simas wrote:Please correct/update if above is invalid in your opinion

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/94/hb/09400hb0182lv.htm

"AN ACT in relation to firearms.

2 Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
3 represented in the General Assembly:

4 Section 5. The Firearm Owners Identification Card Act is
5 amended by changing Sections 4, 7, and 8 as follows:

Sec. 4. (a) Each applicant for a Firearm Owner's
8 Identification Card must
:
9 (1) Make application on blank forms prepared and
10 furnished at convenient locations throughout the State by
11 the Department of State Police, or by electronic means, if
12 and when made available by the Department of State Police;
13 and
14 (2) Submit evidence to the Department of State Police
15 that:

.....24 (xi) He or she is not an alien who has been
25 admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant
26 visa (as that term is defined in Section 101(a)(26) of
27 the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C.
28 1101(a)(26))), or that he or she is an alien who has
29 been lawfully admitted to the United States under a
30 non-immigrant visa if that alien is:
31 (1) admitted to the United States for lawful
32 hunting or sporting purposes;
33 (2) an official representative of a foreign
34 government who is:
35 (A) accredited to the United States
36 Government or the Government's mission to an

HB0182 Engrossed - 3 - LRB094 05540 RLC 35589 b

1 international organization having its
2 headquarters in the United States; or
3 (B) en route to or from another country to
4 which that alien is accredited;
5 (3) an official of a foreign government or
6 distinguished foreign visitor who has been so
7 designated by the Department of State;
8 (4) a foreign law enforcement officer of a
9 friendly foreign government entering the United
10 States on official business; or
11 (5) one who has received a waiver from the
12 Attorney General of the United States pursuant to
13 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(3); "

I don't really want to speculate about H1-b being(or not) non-immigrant visa.My knowledge of immigration laws unlike my knowledge of IL gun laws is quite limited.
My personal experience is slightly different from yours
I did believe that having FOID card(after all it is firearm owner id) is enough to purchase a gun.Well,they send me home for my GC.I don't think they would've let me purchase a gun if i didn't have it.And yes,utility bills for 3 months.
others here for?
simas
Уже с Приветом

Post by simas »

so we are essentially saying the same thing - there is nothing blocking you from getting FOID in Illinois (since H1B is an immigrant "dual intent" visa recognized as such since Immigration Act of 1990). Under H1B you pay social security , pay medicare withfolding, allowed to adjust your status to permanent resident, treated by state as "resident" - you can not have more "immigrant" status.
The person who sells/rents you the firearms may choose to be extra careful and send you back home for green card, while another one will allow you to buy/rent and be completely within the law. The same way the person may refuse to sell/rent it to you for any other reason (may believe green card is not enougth and send you back for something else, does not like your face, etc)- so what, just take your business to a next dealer.

Simeon
andyvt
Новичок

Post by andyvt »

simas wrote:so we are essentially saying the same thing - there is nothing blocking you from getting FOID in Illinois (since H1B is an immigrant "dual intent" visa recognized as such since Immigration Act of 1990).

Dual-intent nature of H1B visa doesn't make its holder an immigrant. From 8 U.S.C 1101(a) -

(15) The term “immigrant” means every alien except an alien who is within one of the following classes of nonimmigrant aliens -
(H) an alien (i)[(a) Repealed. Pub. L. 106–95, § 2(c), Nov. 12, 1999, 113 Stat. 1316] (b) subject to section 1182 (j)(2) of this title, who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform services (other than services described in subclause (a) during the period in which such subclause applies and other than services described in subclause (ii)(a) or in subparagraph (O) or (P)) in a specialty occupation described in section 1184 (i)(1) of this title or as a fashion model, who meets the requirements for the occupation specified in section 1184 (i)(2) of this title or, in the case of a fashion model, is of distinguished merit and ability, and with respect to whom the Secretary of Labor determines and certifies to the Attorney General that the intending employer has filed with the Secretary an application under section 1182 (n)(1) of this title, or (c) who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform services as a registered nurse, who meets the qualifications described in section 1182 (m)(1) of this title, and with respect to whom the Secretary of Labor determines and certifies to the Attorney General that an unexpired attestation is on file and in effect under section 1182 (m)(2) of this title for the facility (as defined in section 1182 (m)(6) of this title) for which the alien will perform the services; or (ii)(a) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform agricultural labor or services, as defined by the Secretary of Labor in regulations and including agricultural labor defined in section 3121 (g) of title 26 and agriculture as defined in section 203 (f) of title 29, of a temporary or seasonal nature, or (b) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform other temporary service or labor if unemployed persons capable of performing such service or labor cannot be found in this country, but this clause shall not apply to graduates of medical schools coming to the United States to perform services as members of the medical profession; or (iii) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is coming temporarily to the United States as a trainee, other than to receive graduate medical education or training, in a training program that is not designed primarily to provide productive employment; and the alien spouse and minor children of any such alien specified in this paragraph if accompanying him or following to join him;

This section describes H category of visas. Including but not limited to H1B

Return to “Об оружии”