SBC sucks!

aniretake
Уже с Приветом

SBC sucks!

Post by aniretake »

Сегодня мой друг-американец прислал мне емаил о том, как он мучается с этой компанией (извините что на английском):

"I ran into a disagreement with the local phone company (owned by SBC because of service problems, and I had also run up a considerable bill with long distance. As they were unresponsive to solving the line problems, I did not pay the bill. All my services were through them -- phone, internet, long distance, etc. They have applied this blackmail before.

First they suspended long distance without notice (had done this in the past too), then interrupted the phone completely, but I still had internet service. I decided if this is the way they resolve customer complaints (rather than fixing the lines as requested), then I will go with the cable company (they are also offering digital phone service now). I just want to be wary of falling into the same all in one trap as before.

It seems as I am a renter and do not pay a monthly line fee, they feel no obligation to correct the decaying wiring on this old house. The law states they are responsible for everything up to the junction box, which appears to be 50 years old. Several times they claimed to come out and test everything, and even replaced the wires, but I can see that they never touched the corroded brass terminals and wires. I have tried to get the owner to insist the replace the connections, but to no avail, as he is moving to his parents' house. His parents are moving in upstairs. Perhaps if they complain, he will intervene, but it will too late for me. I imagine I will have to pay them the back bill and reinstate service if I am to empty out that mailbox, or transfer my phone number to the cable company."
nvvosk
Уже с Приветом

Post by nvvosk »

Еще про SBC
Обратил ли народ внимание на пришедшее от них письмо?
Цитирую куски:
"SBC telecommunications carriers, including SBC Long Distance and Cingular Wireless, would like to share your customer proprietary network information (also known as CPNI) within the SBC family of companies for the purpose of using that information to offer you additional products and services....
Your CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you currently purchase, how you use them and the related billing for those services...."
Далее:
"У Вас есть 2 опции:
1)Чтобы разрешить все это безобразие - ничего дальше делать не надо :D )
2) Чтобы отказаться - позвоните в течение 30!! дней по приведенному телефону...."

Хорошо,что бдительный муж иногда всякую бумажную ерунду в конвертах просматривает и заметил :umnik1:
Cliff
Уже с Приветом

Post by Cliff »

Надо им послать письмо с предложением изменить условия договора - например, они вам обязуются бесплатно предоставлять услуги связи (мелким шрифтом). И предложить в течение 30 дней перезвонить по указанному номеру, чтобы отказаться. Интересно, что получится.
Since it's impossible to know which period of my life is the middle, I've decided to have an ongoing crisis

Return to “Анти-Реклама”