ModernLineFurniture.com - beware!

Nervous
Уже с Приветом

ModernLineFurniture.com - beware!

Post by Nervous »

Прошу прощения за англицкий, это я написал для resellerraitings.com. Начало истории тут: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=149354
=============
We ordered a full set of furniture for our living room - "Modern Dark Brown and Caramel Leather Complete Living Room Set: Sofa, Loveseat, Two Chairs and Coffee Table" + we ordered two extra end tables. The furniture was in "Leather" category. The description of the furniture contained the following text: "Dark Cappuccino and Caramel Leather" and "Upholstery is "bench-made" - using some of the finest leather combined with the best designed leather match material available". As we figured out, "leather match material" means artificial leather but seating area and armrests should be made of real leather and rest of the sofas (back and sides) use "fake" leather. This was OK for us, even though the price wasn't too low - $2000 + $300 for two end tables + $300 flat shipping fee, grand total is $2600.
I made the order on June 2. They called me back pretty quickly to confirm the order. In about two days they called me again and told me that part of my order is backordered and will be available in a week. After a week I sent them an email asking when my order will be shipped. They extended waiting period to another week. The order was shipped only on June 23 (21 day after order is placed!), though credit card was charged on June 18.
Anyway, we received the furniture in two packages: sofa + loveseat in one and all other stuff in another package. We unpacked sofa and loveseat. Well.... The furniture was as advertised with small exception: it was COMPLETELY made of "fake" artificial leather, including seating area and armrests! And this was pretty obvious fact, even though at that moment we just touched and felt it.
I forgot to mention their returning policy. You can return the furniture if you don't like it but they will not cover shipping costs both ways. So, if we want to return the stuff we are losing $300 + $300 = $600! That what I was told first time I contacted their support. Nice. But! My point was that I want to return it not because I don't like it; I want to return it because that is not what I ordered! I ordered LEATHER furniture!
I started long negotiations with their support. First time I was communicating with anonymous “support” person. Their main point was: seating area is genuine leather, period. I was saying – no, don’t think I am an idiot; I can distinguish leather from not-leather. They proposed to do the following test – take a tooth pick and try to puncture the “leather” on seating area and the “fake leather” on back of the sofa. According to them, it should go through the “fake leather” but shouldn’t go through the genuine one. And amazingly – I was unable to make it go through the “leather” on seating area! But I could see this is not leather!
So, my wife decided to stake everything: she made a little cut on that “leather” and we could see textile material on the back of that “leather”. You can see a photo here: http://images50.fotki.com/v1527/photos/ ... 828-vi.jpg
At this point I was switched to concrete person – Nancy with Russian last name. Thus, now we had real proofs that their leather is not leather and I notified them about intention to file a claim to Small Claim Court. Plus, I called to my credit card company (Discover Business) and asked them about details of disputing the transaction. I was reassured that evidences I have are enough to dispute the transaction in full. And only after this they agreed to send me a prepaid label to send the stuff back and promised to return all money, including shipping.
It took me about a month to convince them and only after I threatened them by transaction dispute and Small Claim Court. Mentioning BBB and FTC didn’t make any effect on them. BTW, they have A+ rating on BBB (!), and 82% of positive feedbacks on Amazon.
A free recommendation: DON”T BUY FURNITURE IN INTERNET, if you can’t look at it, touch-n-feel it in real life.
=========
Cегодня деньги таки пришли на карточку. Я обещал не файлить комплейны в BBB & FTC (по-любому, им, похоже пофигу на эти организации), но вот того, что я напишу ревью о них на разные сайты я не обещал.
N.E.R.V.O.U.S.: Networked Electronic Replicant Viable for Observation and Ultimate Sabotage.
Nervous
Уже с Приветом

Re: ModernLineFurniture.com - beware!

Post by Nervous »

Кстати, посоветуйте ещё сайтов, по типу resellerraitings чтоб можно было ревью написать, пожалуйста.
N.E.R.V.O.U.S.: Networked Electronic Replicant Viable for Observation and Ultimate Sabotage.
olegy
Уже с Приветом

Post by olegy »

Nervous wrote:Кстати, посоветуйте ещё сайтов, по типу resellerraitings чтоб можно было ревью написать, пожалуйста.

Уже обсуждалось - http://www.ripoffreport.com например - по имени бизнеса выходит в Google на первую страницу на один - два дня
Я гражданин Украины, киевлянин и я против хунты!
dima@usa
Уже с Приветом

Post by dima@usa »

Nervous, неужели было не понятно сразу что диваны за $1500 не могут быть изготовлены из прекрасной кожи. Ну не бывает чудес на свете. Вы получили ровно столько сколько вы заплатили за это.
Satellite testing is a game. Sometimes you win - sometimes you loose.
So far I am winning !!!
Nervous
Уже с Приветом

Post by Nervous »

С чего вдруг? У меня есть отличный кожанный диван за 700 долларов :pain1:

Return to “Анти-Реклама”