Meridian Travel agency rip-off

aniretake
Уже с Приветом

Meridian Travel agency rip-off

Post by aniretake »

Помещаю по просьбе подруги. Извините за английский, это цитата из ее жалоби в <Consumer Affairs Dept of NJ>
At the beginning of May 2006 I called the above named travel agency asking to find me a round trip ticket from Augusta GA, USA to Riga, Latvia. At the same time I gave them the number of my debit card. In a couple of days I received a call from the travel agent Vladimir that the ticket was found for the price of $1,186.09. On May 11, 2006, I was charged for this amount. My flight from Augusta GA was on May 29, 2006 and return on June 20, 2006. Suddenly on May 25, 2006 I received a call from Vladimir telling me that United Airlines cancelled my ticket. He said he would find me another one. He found one from Atlanta, GA for the same date. Of course, I did not like it. So I decided to check at the local airport if my ticket was really cancelled. The United Airlines representative said that my ticket was cancelled by Meridian Travel agency on my request. It was a lie. I was also told that because I have paper tickets in my hands, I could fly with them anyway. On the same day I called the Meridian Travel agency and told them all this. Vladimir started shouting at me and said that I had no valid ticket and nobody will put me on the plane with this paper ticket. But I successfully flew to Latvia and back to Augusta, GA. When I checked my bank statements, I found that on June 5, 2006 I was charged $1,149.02 for another ticket that did not exist. It was done without my authorization. I called to Better Business Bureau to file my complaint but I was told that they have already many complaints about this agency and my complaint will not change anything. I tried to call Meridian Travel agency and spoke with agents Marina, Vika Utkina and Vladimir. Marina and Vika blamed everything on Vladimir, and Vladimir said he did not owe me anything.
It is obvious that this agency is involved in fraudulent activities and probably has been doing it for many years to other clients as well.

Addresses and phones for “Meridian Travel”
Columbia Avenue, Suite 11
Fort Lee, NJ 07024

409 Central Street, Suite A
Fort Lee, NJ 07024

Phone: (201) 969-0100
Vika Utkina 201-724-4868
Marina (201) 969-0100
Vladimir 201-674-2303
Penelope
Уже с Приветом

Re: Meridian Travel agency rip-off

Post by Penelope »

В течении 9 лет, что я живу в штатах, дважды в год я летала в Москву. Всегда покупала билеты в этом агенстве. Проблем не было ни разу.
Penelope
aniretake
Уже с Приветом

Post by aniretake »

Она тоже за 9 лет пару раз покупала. На этот раз обломилась.

Return to “Анти-Реклама”