налоги с второстепенных доходов?

Банки, налоги, кредит
dISEr
Уже с Приветом

Post by dISEr »

Несколько раз видел обсуждения обязанности платить налоги с прибыли/доходов, пока сидишь на H1B, но у меня возник конкретный вопрос:
Приехал я в штаты по H1B.
Есть у меня постоянный доход из двух источников (помимо работодателя). Один источник в штатах, другой - нет. Штатовский источник шлет деньгу чеками, а нештатовский - на банковский счет в России.
С чего мне (не)надо будет платить налоги?
Есть спецы по налогам? Помогите понять плиз Image Может есьт где почитать?
А если я решу, чтобы деньгу переводили не на счет в России, а на счет в штатах? Что будет тогда?
chaika
Уже с Приветом

Post by chaika »

I can only speak for work in the US.

When you are not on salary, you are in the self-employed category. This is fairly common, and there are SE forms and instructions in the standard tax booklet that cover self-employment.

If you do any significant amount of contract-type work for an American company, they should have mailed you in January a tax statement indicating the amount they paid you during the previous year. It's a federal law. You are required to show the money as income. The company will list it in its income tax filing as expenses - similar to their payroll.

If you don't list this income, you are taking a chance that you or the the company will not be audited down to this level. It is very tempting and easy to not declare income, and there are lots of standing jokes about this. But there are also horror stories about what happens when things go wrong between you and the IRS (I had a run-in with them once). Also, if you buy a PC or other equipment that you use in your self-employment, you can deduct part or all of the cost as business expense.

As a freelance translator, I used to do small jobs and be paid by check, but I did not receive the tax form. There is probably some kind of monetary limit below which the payer does not have to send you a form.

If you look at the US federal tax forms, you will probably find out what you have to do with money earned abroad.

The IRS has a web site that includes tons of info as well as printable tax forms.

HTH.

------------------
David
Chapel Hill, NC США
dISEr
Уже с Приветом

Post by dISEr »

I have been on that IRS site, but there is nothig similar to my trouble.
I'd like to find the way of paying taxes from internet-related income (like banners space selling, advertisement, etc).

Return to “Финансы”