First Time Home Buyer/Transfer Tax Exemption

Банки, налоги, кредит
kristina
Новичок

First Time Home Buyer/Transfer Tax Exemption

Post by kristina »

We are now buying our first home. My husband is a US Citizen, I am a Permanent Resident. It has never occured to us that the fact that I am not a citizen might have anything to do with being transfer tax exempt.
I have not talked with the attorney yet but out real estate agent was told that it might be a problem and that another Russian Citizen that they worked with needed to get something from the Russian Embassy in order to be eligible.
I cannot imagine what that might be. And am hoping that someone has been thru this already and would give me a clue. Thank you. We are in Delaware if that makes any difference.
Lightick
Уже с Приветом

Re: First Time Home Buyer/Transfer Tax Exemption

Post by Lightick »

[quote:4025762678="kristina"]We are now buying our first home. My husband is a US Citizen, I am a Permanent Resident. It has never occured to us that the fact that I am not a citizen might have anything to do with being transfer tax exempt.
I have not talked with the attorney yet but out real estate agent was told that it might be a problem and that another Russian Citizen that they worked with needed to get something from the Russian Embassy in order to be eligible.
I cannot imagine what that might be. And am hoping that someone has been thru this already and would give me a clue. Thank you. We are in Delaware if that makes any difference.[/quote:4025762678]
Уточните пожалуйста о каком Tax Exemption идет речь. Я как раз беру курс по налогам. Я его еще не закончила, но единственное, что мне попадалось по First Time Home Buyer это возможность избежать пенальти при извлечении денег из IRA (до суммы 10000). Это не избежание налога, это избежание пенальти. Опять же непонятно, при чем здесь риэлтор к налогам, это понадобится при оформлении налоговой декларации. Документов из посольства для этого не требуется, достаточно быть резидентом.
Не претендуя на истину в последней инстанции
GoodBuyAmerica
Уже с Приветом

Post by GoodBuyAmerica »

Еще пойнты (prepaid interest) можно списывать. И, ессно, интерес по закладной. Для того, чтобы ето все списывать нужно быть резидентом для tax purposes, даже green card не нужна. Все это справедливо для федеральных налогов. Про все штаты я не заню. В Colorado и California списывать можно без ГК.
"...обращаться на Вы с большой буквы - это ж каким интеллигентом нужно быть потомственным, злокозненным!" из анонимных постов в ЖЖ
Lightick
Уже с Приветом

Post by Lightick »

[quote:b403fa90d8="kilbupser"]Еще пойнты (prepaid interest) можно списывать. И, ессно, интерес по закладной. Для того, чтобы ето все списывать нужно быть резидентом для tax purposes, даже green card не нужна. Все это справедливо для федеральных налогов. Про все штаты я не заню. В Colorado и California списывать можно без ГК.[/quote:b403fa90d8]
Для того, чтобы списывать то, что вы указали, необязательно покупать дом в первый раз, это всем налогоплательщикам можно списывать. А единственная льгота для первого раза - возможность использования пенсионных денег раньше положенного срока без штрафования за это. :umnik1:
Last edited by Lightick on 16 Oct 2002 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Lightick
Уже с Приветом

Post by Lightick »

дубль
kristina
Новичок

Post by kristina »

Thank you everyone! But what it is is TRANSFER tax, which I guess might be particular for Delaware. Both the Seller and the Buyer pay it upon the transaction.
First time home buyers are exempt from that tax which saves money both the seller and the buyer. To qualify one needs to be first time home buyer but even though we are we might not be eligible for it because i am not a DE citizen but resident only. If it does turn out that we are not eligible because of my status the buyer will have to pay it too. It is $1,500 each.
Ludik
Уже с Приветом

Post by Ludik »

Kristina,

Try to find out if "Declaration of Domicile" will help any. You can obtain it in person at you local Circuit Court for a minimal fee. All you have to do is to take an oath and state that you are a Delaware resident since..... Another way around would be for your husband to receive title to the property just in his name. Of course, your mortgage company might not like it, especially if you rely on your income to qualify. Every state is different, so it's difficult to advise anything. Try calling title company that will be handling your transaction (or it may be a lawyer in your state) and ask them. Hope you'll find a way to save money, because you'll need it for your new house :)
Last edited by Ludik on 21 Oct 2002 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
kristina
Новичок

Post by kristina »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Финансы”